Thursday, August 27, 2015

July 12, early



The trouble with anticipating an exciting event is the event arriving and no excitement ensues. I am pouting right now.

We are in range of the miniature wormholes. The ship slowed to take advantage of being able to communicate in real time with Kalquor and in almost-real time with Earth. No sooner had the announcement come than I was on my com, calling my dads.

I got no answer other than the invitation to leave a message. The same with Clan Seot. The exact same thing with Clan Aslada. I got dressed up for this? Thank goodness I didn’t make a fuss with Anrel and disturb her over all this nothing. I had a suspicion I might not reach anyone instantly. But for it to actually happen ... that was a bigger blow to the gut than I anticipated. I’m feeling disappointment to the extreme here.

So I was left with telling the dads, “Hi, it’s your daughter and we can talk back and forth for the next three days because I’m near a wormhole that allows instant communication. I have big news, so com me ASAP. I love you. Com me!” End transmission. I didn’t mention Nang. If I know my dads, they might try to shield me from any potentially bad news. It’s admittedly an underhanded and shitty stunt for me to pull, but I’d rather surprise them with my request for information. Plus seeing Anrel might soften the big lugs up a little.

I am so manipulative. I am probably going to Hell for that.

Similar messages were left with my two prospective clans, except without all the lovey-dovey stuff. “Hi, it’s Shalia. I’m near a wormhole that will allow us to talk instantly for a couple of days. Please let me know when is a good time for us to connect for a conversation. Thanks. I hope to talk to you soon.”

Twice I had to say that. Twice! Now I’m stuck waiting and wondering when I get to talk to anyone. Plus I’ll have to do my hair and makeup again if I don’t hear back from them soon. Damn it.

Oh well. I’ll sync up my portable com with my room’s and go see Anrel. She can see Mommy look almost presentable. I didn’t leave vid messages with anyone; just voice. Even with all the bells and whistles, I still look like walking death. Nayun will have a heart attack if he’d sees me before we had a chance to talk and I can assure him I’m going to be okay. Clans Seot and Aslada would probably delete me from their prospects list. I am twenty types of ‘ugh’ these days, no matter what Betra and Oses say.

12 comments:

  1. Trraaaacy! You're killing me, just killing me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I can not believe you. I knew you were evil but this post was just mean. Now ALL WEEKEND I have to think of all the reasons her dads and the two clans didn't answer. And of course I'm thinking Nang has something to do with the dads not answering and what's up with the two clans did someone tell them she died and they are all in morning?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think no one being home when she called is just like Murphy's law....lol. It does feel like the story is dragging it's feet, though, not really developing at all. Tracy did say this section was to set plans the next one, so it would just be mommy stuff and nothing too exciting. Still will be nice to hear from her suitor clans and from her dad's about Nang!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TRACYYYYYYYYY!!! Again really I am with Suzanne your killing me here!! Stalks off in a huff waiting for Monday! Love you Tracy but you really are mean sometimes!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a side note, any one love the new cover art much as I do ???? As said to Tracy in the other blog, he is HAAAWT! Wants him with a side of chocolate syrup!!! Licks lips!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hell yeah Kathy. The new cover makes me want to lick my phone Evey time it pops up.

      Delete
  6. Oh yeah, I'm right with you Kathy! But let's not forget the whipped cream. Love the new cover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree wholeheartedly...I made that shot my wallpaper on my desktop, but my drool is threatening to short out my keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a great post. I appreciate

    http://horsegoodtime.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anyone remember which post had the pics of the two prospective clans n their bio? It's been a while and I forgot which one I was routing for XD
    And I agree the guy on the new Shalia cover is hot >\\\\\\<

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll jump on the bandwagon too. I think the guy on the new cover is the best looking out of all the covers and blog character pics to date, though there was one (Clan Asada?) who came close. Yummy!

    P.S. I agree, this post was SUCH a tease!

    ReplyDelete