Thursday, April 16, 2015

May 15



I heard back from Clan Aslada, the number 2 potential lifemates on my list. Not a bad bunch of guys.

Dramok Aslada, he of the dark and brooding looks, is not quite so dark and brooding when he smiles. That was nice to see. He stood in the middle of his clan in the vid transmission and bowed when I started the playback.



“Greetings, Matara Shalia. I am Aslada, governor of the Eporu continent’s Western Seaboard Territory. I was delighted to receive your com telling my clan we meet your preliminary expectations for clanmates.”



A little formal, but his tone was friendly enough. Dramok Seot had been somewhat formal in his introduction too. It was only lately that I’d begun to see some of his and Nobek Larten’s true personalities. Cifa had been an open book right from the start.



Aslada continued. “You of course will remember my Nobek, Jaon.”

Big intense chunk of masculinity bowed in turn. “Greetings, Matara. I am looking forward to meeting you in person. Thank you for considering us.”



Short and sweet ... well, as sweet as a man could be who looks like he’d be happiest ripping bad guys limb from limb. I wonder what this guy does to relax? Punching Tragooms comes to mind. Well, one thing about it; no one will dare mess with me if this guy ends up being my Nobek. I do enjoy those dangerous-looking fellows a little more than I should.



Aslada introduced the third man. “My Imdiko, Meyso.”

The curly-haired bit of gorgeous took his turn bowing. His smile was warm, and I had to return it even though I knew full well I beamed at a recording. “Hello, Matara Shalia. I am delighted to have heard from you.”



Aslada smiled winningly ... maybe a bit too winningly. It reminded me that he was a politician. I told myself that maybe Kalquorian politicians were probably a far cry from Earther ones. I can’t hold it against the man.



“Thank you so much for telling us more about yourself. It’s wonderful that you’ve decided to get to know us better before you reach our planet and that you have also shared some of your concerns. We have already sent a message to your parents, Clan Bitev. We sent another to their Matara, Joelle, as you requested. Your Nobek father is more than welcome to check our backgrounds so that he is reassured his daughter is courted by a worthwhile clan of rank.”



Okay. So far so good. The more Aslada spoke of personal matters, the less he sounded like he was trying to win an election. I saw a little of the commanding but likable personality behind the effort to make a good impression.



Nobek Jaon spoke up. “I have taken the additional step of sending Nobek Rak the records from my military service as well as my current position as a Convict Reclamations officer. I want him to know his daughter will be well protected as a member of my clan, should you decide to make us your lifemates.”



Okay, big points for that. Although I could hardly imagine anyone doubting Jaon’s ability to keep people safe. That man is made of intimidation. Me being me, I started to get turned on just by looking at the brute. Then the hormones kicked in, and I was flat-out horny.



Imdiko Meyso took his turn. “I have requested your mother’s scans and records from the ship’s doctor, as well as the team that took care of her on Earth. I believe your Imdiko father Nayun was part of that group? I sent a request directly to him, in case he is able to facilitate records transfer. If you are agreeable, I will put a plan of treatment in place for Matara Eve to be enacted as soon as you arrive on Kalquor.”



Well, damn. Having a brain surgeon as a suitor was turning out to be handy. My dads would have to let me know how good Meyso was at his job. Do I dare hope?



Aslada finished up winning my goodwill by reassuring me, “Of course your mother is welcome to live in our home. We Kalquorians revere our mothers, and it speaks well of you that you do the same despite the difficulties yours has faced.”



I felt a little bad about that. I can hardly say I ‘revere’ my mom, though I certainly love her. I probably come up plenty short as a daughter.



They didn’t forget the most important thing to me either. “We are excited at the prospect of being fathers to your child, Matara. Until your people started immigrating to the Empire, we had despaired of ever having that chance.”



Now the three men were all smiling, real smiles. Even Jaon looked thrilled at the hope. I’ll admit, my heart melted a little to see those big tough guys appearing enthralled with the idea of being daddies. It’s amazing when I’m confronted with Kalquorian bruisers who think fatherhood is the best thing in the universe. My dads, Clan Seot, and now Clan Aslada ... I can see how much it means to them. They wear their need for children on their sleeves.



I didn’t think Clan Seot could have any real competition. I don’t know though ... Aslada, Meyso, and Jaon are making a pretty good first try. We’ll have to see how our continued communications pan out.

10 comments:

  1. I love hearing about different clans for Shelia. Now I'm excited for her to get to Kalquor and actually meet Clans Seot and Aslada. I still really have hopes that Osses and Betra will decide that they have had enough of their careers in space, get jobs on Kalquor, and come up with a Dramok. (Sigh) is that too much to ask?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They seem to be okay but I am still for Clan Seot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im with Christine, this guys sound ok but really got nothing on clan Seot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your stories and have bought nearly all your books. It's a joy reading this blog every week, but this clan Aslada doesn't sit weel with me. I don't know what it is, it just makes me uneasy reading about them. I like clan Seot, they are cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must agree with the others as sensitive as clan Aslada is, if it's between them and Seot, I am still pushing for Seot, they seem a bit more easy going,less formal, and then there is the sheer YUMMMM factor, but honestly I still hOld out the hope that Clan Dusa has not given up on Shalia, and thatNang simply being bitter in that if he could not have her, he would see to it they could not either, and is blocking communication somehow, that or the hope Betra and Oses blossoming relationship finds a Dramak and forms a clan that she would be able to be with. I can dream can't I??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Suzanne and Kathy. I'm team Seot if we can't have a team Oses/ Betra and a Dramak that likes both males "styles" and needs. I miss Clan Dusa but they have to be together one year before they can even ask for an Earther female.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very true Marcey in regards to the time, but clan Dusa is together and by the time Shalia reaches kalquor, they will have been together about a year, sadly Betra and Oses will likely have a significantly harder time, likely finding a Dramak who will consider Betras hedrosexuality and then their time will just beginning. I hope given the situations they will change that. Love is not something that can just be turned on and off, I would hope the empire would take that into consideration, what is better a matera leaving the planet because she can not have the clan she loves or even an individual she loves, or allowing the match, so she can be happy and the empire will have some one still capable of giving children.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good point Kathy but technoly Shalia has two years to decide once she is planet side. That would give our guys more then enough time to find a bi Dramak that likes thing rough which means he would enjoy Oses more anyways. Hell remember the wake-a-do's clan, he was the only one that liked girls. Betra doesn't want a male penetrating him that don't mean he don't want the domination or the love of a mate, he just would prefer his mate be female for sex.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very good point too Marcey, one thing for sure with Shalia it will be one hell of a ride in any case, who knows what will happen with time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good point Kathy but technoly Shalia has two years to decide once she is planet side. That would give our guys more then enough time to find a bi Dramak that likes thing rough which means he would enjoy Oses more anyways. Hell remember the wake-a-do's clan, he was the only one that liked girls. Betra doesn't want a male penetrating him that don't mean he don't want the domination or the love of a mate, he just would prefer his mate be female for sex.

    ReplyDelete