Thursday, October 24, 2013

December 7



Katrina just kills me.  That woman is not well in the head, which means I want to spend all the time I can around her.  Hey, I gotta do something on this ship to keep me from going into a coma, right?

Candy and I sat with her for lunch today.  The Matara dining hall, separate from the ship’s crew’s dining hall, is huge.  It’s bigger than needed for the paltry five or six hundred Earther gals Kalquor managed to convince to come to their home world this time around.  Someone said this vessel is supposed to be at troop transport that is used to cart around foot soldiers.  Since most of those guys have been dumped off on Earth for now, we’re its main cargo.  Katrina has named the ship, christening it the Pussy ‘Porter.   “Or should it be the Vagina Vessel?” she asked us as we choked on herbed rizpah fillets.

I told you she’s not right.

It wasn’t just her crazy, in-your-face comments that had me alternating between hysterics and astonishment.  The way she carried on with the Kalquorians who brought us our meals and checked on us from time to time was beyond scandalous.  Katrina is not shy in any way, shape, or form.  She touches the men.  Blatantly.  Intimately.  Not one masculine rump passed by that she didn’t rub, squeeze, or pat.  And the guys loved her for it.  I noticed several went out of their way to guide meal carts past Katrina, walking slowly just so she could give them some attention. 

“When is your next party?” one young Imdiko asked, pausing next to her.  I thought he could have been her grandson, he was so sweet and fresh-faced.

Katrina grinned saucily up at him.  “I’m still recovering from the last one.  I haven’t made plans for tonight.  Were you the one I discussed private consultations with?”

The Imdiko grinned from ear to ear.  “If I say yes, will you trust me?”

“Hmm,” Katrina said, looking that muscled body up and down.  “Seems you might be trying to be a little dishonest with me.  I think you need to be taken in hand, young man.  An hour after evening shift starts?”

“Yes, Matara.”  The Imdiko walked away with a swagger in his step.

Candy’s face was beet red.  “Did you just arrange to – are you going to have – is he going to spend the night in your quarters?”

Katrina looked at her with surprise.  “Well, you heard how he was trying to be deceptive.  That naughty boy needs a guidance.”  She sighed, as if bearing the weight of the world.  “I will do my part in putting him on a more honest path.  It’s the least I can do for the Empire that has rescued me.”

“You have parties?” I asked, having caught that part of the Imdiko’s conversation.

“Little get togethers,” Katrina said offhandedly.  “Sort of like a salon, where we have a few drinks, I inform them on the ways to make Earther girls happy, entertain questions, and gather intelligence on what makes them feel good.  You two should join us at the next one.  I’ll let you know when as soon as I figure out a good time to have another.”

“Is that all that happens at your parties?” Candy wanted to know.  She had a suspicious look on her face.  “You just talk and drink?”

“Well, it is often necessary to indulge in practical exercises.  Just to demonstrate key points,” the older woman said with an unrepentant grin.

Candy looked at her as if she didn’t know whether to condemn or worship Katrina for her flagrant sexuality.  For my part, I could only laugh. 

Yes, the Kalquorians love Katrina.  As we neared finishing our meal and the dining hall began to empty out, the guys started to congregate at our table.  They flirted with our elder stateswoman with delight, and she flirted back with abandon.  She was definitely the belle of the ball.

At first, Candy and I might as well have not been there.  Katrina possesses so much personality that even my chatty and flirtatious friend was quiet and observing.  I could almost see Candy taking mental notes on what made the men respond.  I’m not sure Candy will ever manage the uninhibited joy that delighted the men paying Katrina court.  I’m not sure anyone but Katrina can manage it.

But as more men gathered, I found myself amongst the crowd.  A funny thing happened then.  The ones closest to me abruptly turned away from the laughter and teasing going on around Katrina.  They zeroed in on me.

“You are quite lovely, Matara,” said one.  I think he was a Dramok.  “What is your name?”

“Shalia,” I said, a bit uncomfortably.  The guy’s eyes had gone really dark, the pupils widening the way I’ve noticed Kalquorians’ do when they’re getting ready to fight or have sex. 

“Matara Shalia,” said an Imdiko standing at my shoulder.  “You are beautiful.  Do you enjoy parties like Matara Katrina does?”

He was no less avid than the Dramok.  I felt like a mouse caught between two hungry and playful cats.  “I’ve never been to Katrina’s parties, so I couldn’t say,” I answered.  I tried to catch Candy’s eye, hoping for some help escaping the immediate vicinity.  However, she was enthralled with the talk and laughter going on around Katrina.

The Dramok’s fingers stroked through my hair.  I jerked, trying to move away from the unwelcome touch.  He smiled apologetically.

“I’m sorry.  I have not even introduced myself, Matara Shalia.”  A crease appeared between his brows.  “But first – you have not been claimed by a clan?”

I was getting confused and worried by the situation, which the Imdiko on my other side wasn’t helping.  He stood close enough that I could feel the warmth of his body.  He sounded a little impatient with the Dramok.  “Of course she isn’t clanned.  She’s going into the lottery or she wouldn’t be here.”

“I was concerned about the yadbis.”

“Apparently, he was unable to claim her or she didn’t want him.  She’s available.”

“I’m not clanned,” I said, though something in me warned I might do better to allege I was taken.  These two were just so damned intense.  It was beginning to scare me.

Suddenly, Imdiko Betra was at our table.  His eyes narrowed as he looked at the pair standing over me.  Then he did his weird sniffing thing.  Suddenly, he barked something in Kalquorian at the other two.  His tone was low and threatening, and he looked every bit as feral as I’d ever seen Esak.  I didn’t know an Imdiko could look that frightening, but Betra was.

Whatever he said got the attention of all the Kalquorians surrounding our table.  Every purple eye was on me in an instant.  More nostrils flared.  Betra snarled something else, and every man, including my too-friendly pair, stepped back.  Even the Dramoks in the group were listening to whatever he was telling them with attitudes of compliance.

Except for Betra, the men all bowed, turned around, and left us.  Just like that.  Katrina, Candy, and I stared at our liaison.

“What the hell?” Katrina asked.  “You sent them all away?  Why?”

“It was necessary,” the Imdiko said.  “I apologize for interrupting, Mataras.”

With no more explanation than that, Betra also turned and walked off.  While I’m glad he got the Amorous Twins off me, I was left as lost and irritated as my companions.

That is one strange Kalquorian.

18 comments:

  1. What is a yadbis? That is the question. ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason i get the feeling a yadbis is the Kalquorian word for baby or fetus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I think she's preggers. Wonder when Shalia will figure it out. I'm guessing Dad knew but wanted to get her to safety. If so, Shalia could definitely feel betrayed by that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh come on, Tracy!!!! Now we need to wait until next Monday?!?! Cruel woman!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cruel cruel woman!!! Throwing yadbis and more sniffing Kalquorians out there, then leaving us hanging all weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AAAAHHH! Even having Alien Caged in my hot little hands doesn't make up for that tease! You're so mean!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ack....how cruel, couldn't wait to get home today from work to get my Klaq fix.....and now left hanging till Monday...oh the torture of it all. Alien caged...don't even go there, it was awesome but all ready finished, only have Shalia now to entertain me till the next book.....waaah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tracy, you are showing your sadist streak..making us wait until at least Monday! I'll bet you'll make us wait longer,too!

    But I said it last week- I, too, believe that Shalia is pregnant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yadbis could be commander (Nang) remeber almost to the ending "apparently HE was unable to claim HER" Good god woman you do love to leave us hanging from a fishing hook waiting till monday for the next plot.:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed the "He" too. a clan should be "them" and my thoughts went to Nang also, though unlike most commenters I like poor crazy Nang better than Dusa and his crew.

      Delete
    2. I liked him way better before he turned into stalker :)
      But I second you on the Dusa clan - NOOOOOOOOO!

      Delete
  10. Well, first of all thank you so much for this series. I stumbled upon it quite accidentally and enjoyed it so much, so I had to get and read your books all in one week (a bit less, as it's only Friday and I started Monday). Yesterday night was devoted to Shalia. As quite a lot of ladies here, I'm not a fan of serial thingy and cliff-hangers are my particular pet peeves indeed, but ... you've hooked me up :)
    OK, this said to the current development. Some ladies speculated Shalia might have got pregnant. However if I understand correctly it doesn;t really change anything and still have to clan. Now probably even more so, cause we don't know who the daddy is and if it's our psychotic commander she'll need a very strong clan to stand with her. I can't really see Dusa clan being the one. The boys are sweet and nice and all this stuff but IMHO not assertive, experienced and strong enough. They might be extra set of daddies like for Imdiko in Sister Catherine, but her primary clan... I don't think so. She'll run raughshod all over them. Girls do tend to mature faster and with Kalqs' longer life-span it's even more so... Just my musings though, well just have to wait and see, I suppose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I understand it, you are right about Shalia and clanning. If she is pregnant and Clan Dusa are the fathers, it doesn't automatically make them an acceptable clan. You make a very good point about her needing a strong clan. I think Nang is a potential future problem whether she's pregnant or not and whether he's the father or not. My understanding is that Shalia does have to clan by the end of two years since she's entering the lottery. Regardless of what her condition is, it appears that it is serving as an attractant for the Kalquorians. Wonder how that's going to play out for her.

      Delete
    2. Absolutely. My biggest problem with clan Dusa is the maturity level. I don't consider them strong at all which is probably why I like Nang so much, and in all honesty even his crazy isn't that much of a turn off.

      Delete
  11. As I read all our comments, here's what I picture...

    Tracy reads our comments and starts giggling. Master St. John asks what's so funny. Tracy replies that she's got us going again. Someone's even accused her of being sadistic. Then she thinks about next week's posts and gives an evil laugh because she knows she'll leave us hanging again.

    Obviously, we love it or we wouldn't keep coming back for more. Tracy, thanks for Shalia's Diary.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think Dad is afraid Nang is the father and he would force his clan to claim her if he found out she is pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually that would make a lot of sense emarchese, if Alien Dad knew it would explain keeping Nang away and really wanting to get her off planet.

      Delete
  13. yadbis=baby's father.

    reasoning: from quote:
    A crease appeared between his brows. “But first – you have not been claimed by a clan?”

    I was getting confused and worried by the situation, which the Imdiko on my other side wasn’t helping. He stood close enough that I could feel the warmth of his body. He sounded a little impatient with the Dramok. “Of course she isn’t clanned. She’s going into the lottery or she wouldn’t be here.”

    “I was concerned about the yadbis.”

    “Apparently, he was unable to claim her or she didn’t want him. She’s available.”

    HE being the baby's daddy as in he could be dead ,long gone or she rejected him.

    That wouldn't stop and of the Kalquorians from claiming her but be an added 'bonus' by whoever clanned her because it SHOWS she is already fertile and a definite baby maker.

    I think of other clans that have done this.

    What's interesting to me is that Katrina didn't understand any of that whole rant that Imdiko Betra went on. I would think that she would at least be able to pick up a few words being around all those youngen's...I mean if a guy is yelling things at me in a foreign language during the course of 'an educational' salon party I'd want to know what they're saying. Learning a foreign language is sexy too.

    And what IS up with that rant Betra went on. Makes me think he knows more than he's leading on, like he has been in communication with her Dad Nayun and as one of the others ladies stated he thinks/knows it's Nang's and wanted her outta there ASAP before he got kidnap happy and took her BECAUSE she was going to have his kid. There is a big difference between a very strong,aggressive alpha male and a psychotic, brainwashing, domineering manipulative bastard. Just saying

    I love Mondays because of you Tracy:)

    ReplyDelete