Monday, October 21, 2013

December 6



I hate to say it, but boredom is already setting in.  I have nine months to go.  Nine months of this stupid ship.  Fuck.

The only thing of note that has happened in the last few days is my one-on-one meeting with the liaison.  The entirely too cute Imdiko Betra commed me yesterday to ask if I had time to sit down with him for a few minutes.  I almost told him no, I was booked solid for the next two years and would he like to make a reservation?  Thou art a smartass, Shalia.

I met with him in his office, which is situated just outside the Earther Matara area of the ship.  I guess that makes keeping an eye on us gals easy, having him so close.  I sat down in his little ‘conversation area’, across the small room from his work desk.  This conversation area is a low table surrounded by huge pillows he refers to as seating cushions.  They were nice and soft.  I wouldn’t mind sleeping on one...they’re about big enough to do so. 

After I sat down, there was nothing to do but look across the table at Betra and insist to myself he was not that damned cute.  Stupid libido.  Thank God that just because a girl likes to look doesn’t mean she must touch.

Betra cured me of any impending crush pretty quick.  His smile was friendly enough and he was very polite as he asked me how I was doing.  Yet he was kind of weird, too.  He fixed me with a searching look that made me feel like a bug on a pin.  He kept inhaling really deeply.  During our conversation, he kept asking me how I was feeling.  Not just a couple of times, but over and over.  It kind of went like this:  How are you feeling, Shalia?  (To which I responded, fine)  Are you settling in okay?  (Yes)  Do you have any questions you’d like to ask me?  (Not really)  Be sure you contact me at any time if you do have questions.  Are you feeling all right?  (For the second time I tell him yes)  I’m here to help you with anything at all, at any time, day or night hours.  If I’m not in my office, com me.  (Okay)  So, you’ve been feeling okay?  (That was three)  Is there anything you need, anything at all?  (At this point I remembered I was low on teeth-cleansing tabs, but that’s something I can order from my room.  I told Betra I didn’t need anything and made a mental note to get the tabs)  Your father Nayun commed me.  He wants you to stop in Medical and get checked over.  (Okay)  And you’re feeling good these days?  (What the fuck?  How many times do I have to tell you I’m perfectly fine?  But I answered yes.  I wasn’t a bitch about it.)

I thought Dad was a mother hen.  Now I think I know why Betra hasn’t been clanned.  Imagine living with someone who asks you the same damned question all day long.  He takes being a caregiver into the OCD realm. 

Betra made me paranoid with all that sniffing he did though.  It is very disconcerting to carry on a conversation while the other person’s nostrils keep flaring wide.  As soon as I could get away from him, I went to my quarters and took my second shower of the day.  Maybe I missed a pit the first time around.

Boredom and overly solicitous men who sniff a lot.  This is my life.  Fun, fun, fun.  Then again, I could be at the Academy, in mortal danger every second of the day.  With Nang nearby. 

Sometimes, you just can’t win.

22 comments:

  1. ive become addicted this story! love it! cant wait for the next post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can Kalquorians smell pregnancy? I'm getting excited about that prospect :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you may be right, and then all we have to guess is whose, yay guessing time.

      Delete
    2. That's exactly what I was thinking!! Shalia is going to flip!

      Delete
    3. That was what I was thinking myself. Well, gives her something to do for 9 months lol.

      Delete
    4. I think u guys hit the nail on the head!!! Preggers!!! I wonder,HMMMMMMMMMM who the dad is Nang, or one of the clan

      Delete
  3. wish these were 3 times a week instead of 2. having to wait till Thursday then again till next Monday bites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those gals who were preggers were extra horny to boot....let the fun begin...if only, It is too long till the next post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lets hope she is pregnant and that it is Clan Dusa's. Then maybe she can clan her loves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG this Is SO good!! And I lost My Modem!! I Have To Read It On My Tiny Smartphone!

    I Agree, I Believe Shalia Is "In The Family Way"!!!!! But Why Didn't She Ask Beta Why He Kept Asking And Sniffing? :)

    MY STUPID MODEM HAD BETTER GET HERE BEFORE THURSDAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! Please let it NOT be Nang's baby. The odds are good its Weln's but... My reasoning is that if they can smell the physical/chemical changes caused by pregnancy that it must be recent enough that it likely isn't Dusa or Esak's baby. But, of course, if it is Weln's then the whole clan would claim it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with everyone else ... this is screaming preggas to me.

    Damn the suspense is killing me!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why didn't her dad say something, or is he suspicious it is Nangs and didn't want him to know and force her to stay. I hope it is Welns then yea she gets her clan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Am I the ONLY person out there that likes poor crazy Nang?

    ReplyDelete
  11. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, let Shalia be pregnant, if you like, Tracy, with twins, triplets, quadruplets even...BUT NOT BY NANG'S!!!!!!!!!!! Please please please, not him!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe she's just ovulating. What a nightmare if she's pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wonder how she will explain a baby to her mom when she comes out of sleep stasis.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Something tell me that being pregnant is just too obvious. I feel it has something to do with the fire and her getting hurt. Dad has been asking her to go get checked too often. If she was just pregnant then he would have told her. No, this is something that he does not want to tell her. Would Dad and Dusa's clans come looking for her if there was an attach on the ship and she was taken.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dr. Dad couldn't necessarily have sniffed it out if it was too early though I do agree it seems strange and that we shouldn't automatically jump to preggers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, show's you where my head is at...I just thought he had 'heard' about Shalia and was sniffing to see if she was getting aroused from being around him so he would have 'company' during the voyage. lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like Nang also and I think he did fall in love with Shalia and if she is pregnant by him then shalia will need a strong middle age clan like clan Gelan or clan tranis.

    ReplyDelete